21 Mar The Weirdest Louisiana Laws
As absurd and un-imaginable as they may seem, yes folks, at one time or another they were actually considered laws. Take a look:
- You may not play with a Frisbee at any Baton Rouge beach unless you get the resident chief lifeguard’s permission.
- Women may not drive while wearing a house coat.
- No vehicle without a driver can go more than 60 miles per hour.
- Animals may not mate in public if they are within 1,500 feet of a school or place of worship.
- You must own at least two cows in Blythe before you are allowed to wear cowboy boots.
- A male cannot go outside his house if he is not wearing the proper attire.
- You may not use your own bathroom in Dana Point if the window is open.
- Mustached men may not kiss a woman in Eureka.
- Annoying a lizard in a Fresno city park is illegal.
These are just some of the weirdest laws, some of which still exist today in Louisiana. Don’t ask when or why they were passed. Don’t ask why they haven’t been modified or removed. Just know that while you most likely could get away with these, you could still technically be fined or get arrested for violating any of them. Of course, this would probably be coming from quite a stickler of a policeman or policewoman…
No matter how weird these laws are, and what the circumstances may be, Baton Rouge Bail Bonds can assure you that we’ll help bail you out of jail for violating any of these – or for violating any more serious laws.