06 Aug The Strangest Laws from Around the US
As many people are aware, not every law is a good law. There are some very strange and obscure laws out there. Every single state in the country has some weird law that would make a person wonder why it even exists.
Here are a few examples:
- Whistling while underwater is prohibited in West Virginia.
- In Maine, you may not step out of a plain that is currently in flight.
- In Delaware, it is illegal to fly over any body of water unless one is caring sufficient amounts of food and drink.
- Prisoners in Louisiana who hurt themselves can end up serving an additional 2 years in jail.
- Women in Vermont have to get permission from their husband in order to wear false teeth.
- It is illegal to teach others what polygamy in Mississippi.
These are just a sampling of weird laws from around the country. For something a little closer to home, check out some of these weird Louisiana laws.
- Women may not drive in a house coat.
- Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
- Bathhouses are illegal.
- In Baldwin Park, nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
- Blythe residents are not allowed to wear cowboys boots unless they own more than 2 cows.